Monday, January 9, 2012

So it begins

Well, I went to my first personal training session today. My trainer's name is Frank, and he is a very warm, encouraging guy in his 40s who owns a gym in Old City. He absolutely blasted my arms to smithereens on some kind of cable machine thing called Kinesis. I deserved the total work-out punishment-- I've eaten pizza for two of the last 3 days and had Burmese for lunch! Things will get easier now that I'm back in the city and I'll have a really structured schedule. My first winter CSA delivery will be coming in a week, which will supply me with a TON of great fresh, organic produce to keep me healthy! I need to lay out some solid goals for this week, right here and now, so I have some direction and something to work toward during my exercise sessions.

Goals:
- Avoid cheese all week!
- Drink 3 full bottles of water per day.
- Go to the gym twice this week.
- At the gym, do 25 minutes on either the treadmill or elliptical each time.
- Learn to use one new machine at each gym trip.
- Start each day with jumping jacks, sun salutations, and 8-minute abs.
- End each day with 8-minute abs.

Okay. So. These seem doable, and they give me something to visualize each day. Awake, stretch, cardio, 8-minute abs, healthy breakfast (whole grains? smoothie?), gym time, shower, lunch, readreadread, blahblahblah, dinner, 8-minute abs, bed!

Here's to new beginnings! Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment